- Urinary incontinence in women
- Urge Urinary incontinence (rush to toilet and unable to hold urine until reach the toilet).
- Stress Urinary incontinence (urine leak during activities such as sports, walking, coughing and sneezing).
- Mixed urge and stress urinary incontinence.
- Investigation of Incontinence including Urodymanic & Video-urodynamic assessment.
- Available treatments for urinary incontinence in my practice:
Urge Urinary incontinence:
- Life-style adjustment, Pelvic floor exercises and bladder re-training, usually taught by dedicated continence nurse specialist or physiotherapist.
- Medical treatment for urge urinary incontinence.
- Bladder Botulinum toxin injection (Botox®) for difficult cases of urge incontinence.
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve stimulation for urge urinary incontinence.
Stress urinary incontinence:
- Life-style adjustment, Pelvic floor exercises (Kegel’s exercise) usually taught by dedicated continence nurse specialist or physiotherapist.
- Peri-urethral injection of bulking agent (Bulkamid®) for genuine stress urinary incontinence.
- Management of Painful Bladder conditions, such as Interstitial Cystitis.
- Management of kidney infections (Pyelonephritis), Bladder infections (Cystitis) and urinary tract infections (UTI – single and recurrent).